n view of the Easter holidays and with the aim of celebrating safely and in the best possible way the customs and traditions, at the same time paying attention to the provisions of the relevant Decree here in Greek,, the following are reminded:
1. Exceptionally and only on Holy Saturday (May 1), to facilitate the participation of the faithful in the Resurrection Ceremony on the night of Holy Saturday, it is allowed to move only for the purpose of going to a place of religious worship until 1 in the morning (Great Saturday to Easter Sunday).
On all other days, the curfew starts at 9 pm.
2. Exceptionally and only for Easter Sunday (May 2), the movement of persons is allowed twice by sending a text message to 8998 and for a reasonable period of 3 hours at a time.
The purpose of each movement can be:
- Different for the two cases (2 different message categories) at two different times of the day. For example, sending SMS 5 to go to relatives / friends’ house at noon and sending SMS 6 to get around for physical exercise in the afternoon.
- The same at two different times of the day. For example, sending SMS 5 to go to relatives / friends at home and sending SMS 5 to go to provide care to a person who can not self-care.
- The same in consecutive time periods (time renewal). For example, sending SMS 5 to go to relatives / friends home and sending SMS 5 to stay in the same place for an additional 3 hours.
For all three of the above cases and under condition that a text message is sent to 8998, movement is allowed for a total of 6 hours per person.
All other days, travel is only allowed once a day by texting 8998.
3. Exceptionally and only for Easter Sunday (May 2), the presence in the home of persons other than the permanent residents is allowed, provided that the total number of people in the home does not exceed 10 persons, including minors.
For example, if there are 3 permanent residents in a house, they can accommodate an additional 7 people, regardless of age, or if in a house there are 6 permanent residents, an additional 4 people can be accommodated, including children.
On all other days, the presence of persons in a house other than the permanent residents is prohibited.
4. Until 9 May, it is allowed to move to another privately owned property (e.g. holiday home, etc.) in the Province of permanent residence and / or in another Province outside the permanent residence, by sending a text message by selecting the number 8.
The transfer can be completed either on the same day within a reasonable period of 3 hours and during the allowed travel hours or on another day during the allowed travel hours (5 in the morning until 9 in the evening). It is stressed that in case of return to the place of permanent residence on a different day from the initial movement, it is required to send a text message by selecting the number 8.