Following the decisions of the Council of Ministers dated 20 April and 10 May 2022 here in Greek, which we have unofficially translated in English, regarding the lifting of restrictive measures against COVID-19 disease, the Ministry of Health informs that from 15 May 2022, the following enter into force:
- Suspension of the obligation to demonstrate Safe Pass in all areas. Excludes visits to nursing homes, closed structures, outpatient clinics, medical and diagnostic centers, clinics, rehabilitation centers and reception centers.
A 48-hour Rapid test or a 72-hour PCR will be required for individuals who do not hold a valid vaccination or disease certificate, and no obligation for individuals who hold a valid vaccination or disease certificate.
- Visits to patients in public and private hospitals with a maximum number of 2 people per day are allowed, with the presentation of a rapid antigen test (Rapid test) valid for 24 hours (1 person per visit). It is understood that in extremely urgent cases the number of people and visits may be increased, provided that approval is obtained from the management of the hospital.
- Safe Pass demonstration by employees in hospitals, clinics, medical centers, rehabilitation centers, nursing homes and closed structures for the care and hospitality of vulnerable groups.
- For persons who do not hold a valid vaccination or covid19-recovery certificate, a 48-hour Rapid Test or a 72-hour PCR is required.
- For people who have a valid vaccination or Covid19 recovery certificate, a self-test is recommended once a week.
- Suspension of the obligation of self-isolation of persons who are in close contact with a confirmed positive event and do not hold a valid vaccination or Covid19 recovery certificate.
- From 15 May 2022, individuals who go through self-isolation as close contacts of a confirmed positive incident will be able to be released.
- Certificates of absence from work due to public health reasons due to close contact with a confirmed positive COVID-19 incident will only be issued for dates up to 14 May 2022
- Suspension of the obligation to use a protective mask for children under 12 years.
- It is clarified that children over 12 years old who attend primary education are not required to wear a protective mask inside the school.
- It is clarified that children under 12 years of age attending Secondary Education are required to wear a protective mask within the school.
- It is emphasized that for all persons over 13 years of age the obligation to use a protective mask applies only indoors.
- It is recommended that all citizens regardless of history of vaccination undergo a self-test or Rapid test once a week.
- Citizens who have symptoms of COVID-19 or have a positive Self-test should contact their Personal Physician and be referred for a free PCR.
- Those citizens who declare themselves as close contact of a confirmed positive incident, will receive a message from the Ministry of Health for a free examination on the 3rd and 5th day after the contact, which will be conducted in clinical laboratories contracted with the Ministry of Health. Contracted clinical laboratories: https://bit.ly/3Lc4y0E
- Citizens wishing to undergo a rapid antigen test (Rapid test) should go to clinical laboratories and pharmacies, at a personal financial cost.
- The mobile units of the Ministry of Health for the purposes of epidemiological surveillance of the population will carry out sampling tests only on weekends and will have access to all citizens regardless of vaccination history.
- It is reminded that from April 22, 2022, a ceiling has been set on the price of the package of 5 self-tests at 6 euros.
- Increase in the capacity in restaurants, entertainment venues, music and dance centers, events including weddings and baptisms, churches, places of worship, conferences, trade fairs, stadiums and casinos.
- For premises up to 500sq.m at 100% of capacity and premises over 500sq.m at 85% of capacity.
- Suspension of the obligation to demonstrate SafePass to students of all grades.
- Suspension of the test-to-stay measure for students and teachers in Primary and Secondary Education as well as in kindergartens and the National Guard.
Instructions for confirmed COVID-19 cases:
Instructions for close contact with confirmed positive COVID-19 cases:
We will be circulating the official transcript in English once available.