As announced today by the Minister here in Greek, the Ministry of Health is proceeding with important relaxations of the prevailing measures to combat COVID-19 due to the improved epidemiological statistics. However, encouraging developments should not lead to complacency and non-observance of personal protection measures.
Taking into account the above, the Council of Ministers decided:
- from August 31, 2022, the suspension of the obligation to use a protective mask indoors, excluding high-risk areas such as hospitals, nursing homes, closed structures for vulnerable groups, areas providing health services (outpatient clinics, medical and diagnostic centers, chemistry, rehabilitation centres), pharmacies and Public Transport.
- It is recommended to wear a mask in public places, for people who fall into the vulnerable groups of the population and for people who socialize with high-risk people.
- from August 31, 2022, the increase of the capacity cap in catering establishments, entertainment centers, retail businesses, shopping centers, churches, places of religious worship, conferences, trade fairs, stadiums and casinos to 100% of their capacity.
- the free provision of a package of self-diagnosis tests (5 self-tests) to children attending Primary Education (Pre-Primary Education).
- It is emphasized that the package will be made available to students at the beginning of the school year.
The Council of Ministers recommends the following:
a) like all students, teachers and staff of all school units (kindergartens, primary and secondary education), before returning to schools for the start of classes, undergo a self-diagnosis test (self-test) or rapid detection test antigen (Rapid test).
It is emphasized that sampling points of the Ministry of Health will conduct random sampling checks in school units in all provinces.
b) that all citizens regardless of vaccination coverage, undergo a self-diagnosis test (self-test) or rapid antigen detection test (Rapidtest) once a week.