Due to the escalation of COVID-19 incidents in recent days, focusing on the Province of Larnaca, and with the aim of stopping the spread of the virus in the community of Larnaca and the protection of Public Health, the following measures are applied in the Province of Larnaca via the Minister of Heath Decree issued today.
- The presence of persons in gatherings in homes and in public gathering places is allowed, excluding the dining areas, with a maximum number of gatherings of 10 people per house / group, including minors.
- Ecclesiastical and other forms of religious worship in churches, mosques and other religious places, as well as religious ceremonies, are performed with a maximum number of persons of 75, in accordance with the protocols that apply to places of religious worship.
- Games can be held in sports facilities of Larnaca District, in the context of sports championships, without the presence of spectators, provided that the relevant protocols are observed.
- The maximum number of persons allowed to be served in the catering establishments in the Province of Larnaca, is set at 75 people indoors and 150 people outdoors. The measure for keeping a distance of 3 sq.m. is still valid in each case for interiors and 2 sq.m. for outdoor spaces per person, regardless of the square meters of each property. For example, if a restaurant in the Province of Larnaca has 400 sq.m. outdoors and based on the measure for keeping a distance of 2 sq.m. per person, could serve up to 200 people, the number of customers can not exceed 150. If a property has 300 sq.m. indoors and based on the measure for keeping a distance of 3 sq.m. per person, could serve up to 100 people, the number of people can not exceed 75. It is no more than 10 people can be booked per table.
- The operation of cinemas, theaters and theaters is allowed, with a maximum number of persons of 75 persons indoors and 150 persons outdoors, in each case observing the guidelines and protocols.
- Cocktail parties and congratulations on weddings and baptisms are prohibited. Only physical presence at lunch or dinner is allowed, with a maximum of 350 people in attendance.
- Sampling laboratory testing of 3,000 people in Larnaca District begins immediately. More details will be announced in the coming days.
The above measures will take effect from tomorrow, September 24, 2020, at 6 a.m., and will be valid for a period of two weeks.
In addition to the above measures implemented locally in Larnaca, the need to be strictly diligent in matters of personal protection, and to pay special attention to our travels and contacts with other people is pointed out to all citizens of Cyprus.
As a reminder to all citizens , in case of development of symptoms (cough, fever, shortness of breath, anosmia, taste, bad taste), they should immediately contact their Personal Doctor for further medical guidance.
The dedication and discipline of each individual citizen to the recommendations of the scientific community is a powerful weapon in the fight to reverse a new outbreak of cases.
The original announcement by the Ministry of Health can be found in Greek Here.