The Ministry of Health has issued a clarification document to a number of questions asked based on yesterday’s announcement as regards to travelers arriving from the United Kingdom:
1. Who will be transferred to hotels in the Republic for a limit of 7 days?
All passengers arriving at Larnaca and Paphos Airports will be transferred to hotels with which the state has reached an agreement for a 7-day time limit.
2. What applies to persons under 18 years of age?
People under the age of 18 can either self-quarantine at home, or remain confined in hotels if they are traveling with their parents / guardians or if conditions at home do not allow them to be restricted there (e.g. living with people who belong to vulnerable groups, if there is no adult to take care of them, etc.).
3. Can a person, if he has space and can be isolated from the rest of his family, be self-quarantined at home?
No. All persons, except those under the age of 18, must remain confined to the hotels of the Republic. There is no exception other than persons under 18 years of age.
4. Who covers the costs for the laboratory test on arrival, on the 7th day, as well as for the transfer from Larnaca or Paphos Airports to the hotel and accommodation?
The cost of the laboratory test on arrival is covered by the passenger himself. It is reminded that all persons aged 12 and over undergo a laboratory examination.
The cost for the repeated laboratory examination on the 7th day is covered by the State.
In addition, the cost for the transfer from Larnaca or Paphos Airports to the hotel, but also for the stay of 7 days, is also covered by the State.
5. After the 7th day of restriction in the hotel and considering that the result of the laboratory test is negative, does the restriction end?
No. After the seven-day restriction in the hotel and considering that the result of the laboratory test is negative, the people go to their homes, where they are obliged to remain in self-quarantine for another three days, until the completion of 10 days from arrival.
6. Are passengers traveling to Cyprus from another country via the United Kingdom obliged to stay in a hotel in the Republic?
No. Passengers arriving in Cyprus from another country via the United Kingdom are not required to stay in a hotel under quarantine in the Republic. They must, however, remain in self-quarantine for a period of 14 days if traveling from Category C countries.
7. If the result of the laboratory test on the 7th day is positive, what procedure will be followed?
If the result of the laboratory examination that will be performed on the 7th day is positive, then the case management protocol is activated, the Epidemiological Surveillance Unit is informed, the Personal Physician of the individual is informed and the procedure applied for all positive cases is followed.
The original article in Greek can be found Here.