In close cooperation with the Cyprus International Institute of Management, we are happy to invite you to the online Masterclass dedicated to:
“The Brexit Withdrawal Agreement & Professional Education: The Impact on the Financial industry’s professionals”.
The discussion raises awareness about the UK academic and professional qualifications with an emphasis on the Legal, Finance, and Accountancy professions under the EU-UK Brexit agreement.
Brexit affects the academic qualification since UK degrees become third-country degrees and will need to be assessed to recognition by KYSATS. Professional qualification acquired from the UK is no longer automatically equivalent.
Key speaker: Christopher Bovis, Professor of International Business Law at the University of Hull, Visiting Professor
in MSc in Financial Law and International Taxation at CIIM, advisor for the UN, European and national governments.
The panelists are prominent experts in the field:
- Professor Yiorgos-Sokratis Smirlis, Chairman of the Cyprus Council of Recognition of Higher Education Qualifications(KYSATS).
- Mr. Leonidas Paschalides, Deputy Secretary General of the Cyprus Chamber of Commerce (CCCI), a key factor in the Brexit negotiations.
- Mr. Kyriakos Iordanou, General Manager of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Cyprus (ICPAC).
- Mr. Laris Vrahimis, Former coordinator of lawyers’ qualification and training, Cyprus Legal Counsel, Cyprus Bar Association.
- Mr. Christos Theophilou, Tax advisor, Professional qualification provider (Taxand).
Full details and program on the Masterclass Press Release_15_02_2021_ CIIM_powered By CIBA
Venue: Zoom Online Platform
THERE IS NO FEE / COST to participate.