The Ministry of Labor, Welfare and Social Insurance announces that the Decisions of the Minister of Labor, Welfare and Social Insurance regarding the implementation of the Special Plans for addressing the effects of COVID 19, for the period from 1 July 2020 to 31 July 2020 were issued.
The Decisions concern the following plans:
– Special Plan for Hotel Units and Tourist Accommodations (Here in Greek).
– Special Plan for Businesses with Economic Activities Related to the Tourism Industry or Economic Activities that are directly affected by Tourism or Economic Activities that are under Mandatory Full Suspension (Here in Greek).
– Special Plan for Complete Suspension of the Company’s Operations (Here in Greek).
– Special Plan for Businesses of Certain Economic Activities (Here in Greek).
– Special Support Plan for the Unemployed (Here in Greek).
– Special Plan for Certain Categories of Self-Employed (Here in Greek).
In addition, the COVID-19 Supplementary Decision (No. 38) of 2020 (No. 323/2020) on Special Plans for Dealing with Coronavirus Impact was published (Decision 38 and Can be found here in Greek.
It is pointed out that as of the period from 1 to 31 July 2020, the new Special Plan for Certain Categories of Self-Employed Persons will be implemented, which is addressed to self-employed persons, who are not employers and are registered in the Register of Social Security Services either as Photographers or Escorting Staff and Guides of Tourists and Visitors, or as Taxi Drivers.
A subsequent announcement will follow for the posting of applications for participation in the Special Plans of July 2020. All those who fall under the beneficiaries of the Special Plans must submit a new electronic application on the special website www.coronavirus.mlsi.gov.cy to receive the relevant allowance for the period July, provided that they meet the terms and conditions.