The Ministry of Health informs (today in English) that the free distribution of self-test kits from the pharmacies will start on Tuesday, 21 December and citizens can receive the package of five self-tests within a period of one month from the start of the procedure, just once. Through the process of the rapid antigen self-tests, citizens will be able to protect both their health and that of their loved ones.
Beneficiaries are the citizens who have completed their vaccination scheme with two doses for the two-dose vaccines and one dose for the single-dose vaccine or received the booster/3rd dose of the vaccine and are also beneficiaries of the GHS.
- a) Beneficiaries of the GHS may get their self-test kits from pharmacies which are contracted with the GHS, upon presentation of proof of identification.
- The package includes five self-tests and citizens will have the opportunity to carry out the examination if they so wish, to see if they are positive for SARS-CoV-2.
- In case of a positive result, citizens should contact their Personal Doctor to refer them for a PCR test at a Public Health Centre in the district of their residence.
- b) Citizens who are not beneficiaries of the GHS, but have completed their vaccination scheme in Cyprus, either with two doses for the two-dose vaccines or one dose for the single-dose vaccine, or have received the booster/3rd dose of the vaccine, can pick up the package containing the five self-tests from the following points, daily from 10:30 a.m. to 13:00 p.m.:
|Lefkosia||Lefkosia Old Hospital||Nechru Avenue, Agios Andreas, Postal Code 1102, Lefkosia|
|Lemesos||Maternity Centre, Lemesos Old Hospital||Leontiou A’ 188, Postal Code 3022, Lemesos|
|Larnaka||Maternity Centre, Larnaka Old Hospital||Grigori Afxentiou Avenue 40, Postal Code 6021, Larnaka|
|Pafos||Maternity Centre, Pafos General Hospital||Achepans 8026, Postal Code 8100, Pafos|
|Ammochostos||Maternity Centre, Ammochostos Health Centre||Christou Kkeli 25, Postal Code 5310, Paralimni|
In case of a positive result, citizens must contact the Coordination of Public Health Clinics via email: email@example.com by sending their identification details (name, surname, telephone number, ID number, date of birth and district), as well as a photo of their positive self-test.
- c) Instructions on how to carry out the rapid antigen test, can be found in English at the following link: https://youtu.be/FyP3NDTapUE.