H.E. The President of the Republic announced on 15th March 2020 in his address to the nation that Cyprus is facing a state of emergency.
You can read the full speech President’s Speech March 15th 2020
A summary of the President’s speech follows:
1. Entry into Cyprus will only be allowed for persons submitting a medical certificate that they have been tested by certified medical centers from their country of origin. They will be placed in 14-day compulsory quarantine in facilities designated by the Republic of Cyprus.
2. Students opting to stay in their country of study will be granted a 750Euro allowance.
3. 100 million euro will be allocated to reinforcing the Public Health Sector.
4. A comprehensive exceptional financial Support Programme has been prepared for the working people, the small and medium-sized enterprises and in general of all Cypriot businesses. The “Support Programme” that has been formulated is structured and specific, both in range as well as in expenditure, and it is valued at 700 million euros, an amount equal to the 3% of the GDP.
5. Ministers will proceed with structuring an emergency operations plan.
6. After discussion with the President, the Archbishop of Cyprus will be making an announcement today.(Latest Update – Church Service Moratorium of three weeks announced).