The Minister of Health Mr. Michael Hadjipantelas has announced today here in Greek, a number of measures agreed at the Ministerial Council. These include amongst others:
- Suspension of camping operations. Ongoing camps must be closed as soon as the current accommodation is completed by 23 July at the latest.
- It is allowed to serve guests in restaurants, nightclubs, banquets, discos and other entertainment venues exclusively in tables with a maximum number of 10 people per table. All spectators must be seated and in all cases dancing is prohibited. Excluded from the dance ban are establishments / businesses that will only host fully vaccinated individuals or individuals who have a COVID-19 recovery certificate for the past six months. The owner / administrator of the premises must inform the Ministry of Health in writing that he will only accept fully vaccinated persons or persons who have been ill with COVID-19 in the last 6 months.
- Introduction of SafePass in all indoor and outdoor areas where at any time more than 20 people gather, including the employees of the company, until July 31.
- Provision of SafePass for serving citizens in services of the public, wider public and private sector, in banks, Local Government, Public Transport, coastal passenger boats, etc.
- Prohibition of visits to nursing homes and / or other accommodation and care facilities for the elderly, with the exception of those who have a SafePass. Exit is not recommended for tenants. Upon their return to their place of residence, a negative result from a rapid test must be submitted.
- Increase of the maximum number of people indoors from 350 to 450 people, assuming that all people are fully vaccinated or have been infected with COVID-19 in the last 6 months. The owner / manager of the premises must inform the Ministry of Health that his premises will only accept fully vaccinated persons or persons who have been ill with COVID-19 in the last 6 months, in order to be given the relevant approval.
All the details and information of the decisions of the Council of Ministers will be included in the detailed announcement of the Ministry that will be issued later. The decisions enter into force on July 20, 2021 and will be regulated by a Decree.