Vulnerable Population Groups who should be restricted from their workplaces
In relation to the measures announced yesterday by the President of the Republic and the Ministers of Health, Labor and Finance and aimed at limiting the spread of coronavirus, the following High Risk groups must be restricted from the workplace:
1. Everyone aged over 60.
2. Adults who have one or more of the chronic conditions below:
• Chronic conditions of the respiratory system (all must be taking medicine daily)
• Chronic heart condition
• Chronic last stage renal condition (hemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis)
• Chronic liver condition (Child Pugh score B ή C),
• Chronic neurological or neuromuscular diseases
• Sickle cell anaemia and other hemoglopathies
• Immunosupression (hereditary or acquired)
• Malignancy of blood or organ
• Pregnant women irrespective of stage of pregnancy, women who are breastfeeding
The announcement said that list may be amended depending on the developments of the epidemic.
Employees who belong to any of the above vulnerable groups and will be excluded from their workplace must submit the necessary medical certificate from their personal doctor or their work doctor.
People in these groups should work from home, where possible, or apply for special sick leave.