As per latest announcement by the Minister of Health, Mr. Constantinos Ioannou ((here in Greek) here are the key comments isolated from the Minister’s speech in Greek:
- “Lately the Health System is under pressure. The patients we are treating today are the positive cases of coronavirus that we had 10 days ago and showed deterioration. During the month of November, 26 patients were admitted to the Intensive Care Units, while 22 of our fellow human beings lost their lives due to the disease. Almost half of the deaths (48 in total) since the beginning of the pandemic were recorded in November. A negative element that forces us to look for ways to stop new outbreaks.”
- “Considering that in the Limassol District, despite the decrease, the situation is still epidemiologically aggravated, and that in the other Provinces throughout Cyprus there is an increase, all the data were evaluated and it was decided to take emergency measures that will be valid throughout Cyprus from 30 November to 13 December 2020”.
Essentially, the measures in force in Limassol and Paphos, are extended on a national scale with some differences such as:
- Traffic ban between 9 pm and 5 am the next day, except in cases of travel for work purposes using the Employee Traffic Certificate Form or for travel to a hospital, pharmacy, Vet for medical emergencies.
- Church services and other forms of religious worship in religious places, as well as the religious ceremonies are performed with a maximum number of 75 persons and in compliance with the guidelines of the Ministry of Health.
- Religious ceremonies (weddings, baptisms, funerals) with a maximum number of 10 people are allowed.
- It is forbidden to hold lunches / dinners and any other events for weddings and christenings (except for the event in a house with a maximum number of 10 people including minor children)
- All restaurants (restaurants, taverns, cafes, pubs, snack bars and bars, cafes and restaurants, inside canteens and / or sports clubs, cultural clubs and clubs, etc.) are allowed to operate, except for their services related to home-delivery and take-away until 7 at night. After 7 p.m. only home-delivery is allowed.
- The ban on the movement of persons to and from the Provinces of Limassol and Paphos as well as between the two Provinces is lifted.
The following are allowed:
- The operation of the retail trade, supermarkets and department stores as well as large stores, with a limit on the physical presence of those served (1 person per 10sqm with a maximum number of simultaneous physical presence).
- The operation of beauty parlors and tattoo centers.
- The operation of hairdressers and barbershops.
- The operation of Driving Schools.
- The operation of archeological sites, museums, historical locations.
- The operation of outdoor and indoor theaters, indoor and outdoor cinemas to a full 50% of their capacity.
- The operation of shopping centers (malls) (1 person per 10sqm with a maximum number of simultaneous physical presence).
- The operation of galleries, and art exhibitions.
In addition, and if the epidemiological picture improves, there will be relaxations on a nationwide basis from December 14, 2020 until January 7, 2021
- Prohibition of movement of persons from 11 pm to 5 am the next day, except in the case of going to and from work, going to a medical center or hospital or pharmacy or veterinarian for medical emergencies.
With the sole exception of December 24, 2020 (Christmas Eve), December 31, 2020 (New Year’s Eve), where the travel ban varies from 2 midnight to 6 am.
- The presence of persons in gatherings in houses is allowed, with a maximum number of 10 people per house, including minors.
The measure excludes the period from 23 December 2020 until 1 January 2021, when the maximum number of people per home is set at 15 people.
- The operation of the dining establishments will be allowed until 10.30 in the evening.
The measure excludes Christmas Eve (December 24) and New Year’s Eve (December 31), when the operation of the restaurants will be allowed until 12.30 at midnight.
- The operation of closed and open sports facilities, gyms, dance schools and other types of schools and sports is allowed, without the presence of spectators and without the use of locker rooms.
The measures in Greek here 27112020 — Μέτρα as circulated by the Ministry of Health .