Unofficial translation of the details released that relate to the Prohibition of Travel.
Following the emergency measures announced yesterday to curb the coronavirus pandemic in the Limassol and Paphos Provinces, it is clarified that the movement of persons from both Provinces as well as between the two Provinces is prohibited for recreational or any other purposes, except for the following exceptions:
- For the transport of products / goods and raw materials to companies, regardless of the Province, which remain active, provided that proof of order is provided.
- Movement of workers, provided that they hold the relevant certificate of movement of employee from their employer, if they are absolutely necessary for the operation of the companies operating in: construction sites, oil installations, food and agricultural industries, distribution for emergency repairs / devices, and pharmaceutical companies, if and when they cannot work remotely. It is understood that the movement of employees of companies in the retail sector, as well as service companies is prohibited.
- Movement of journalists and media officials, provided that they hold a valid journalistic identity and employee certificate from their employer.
- Movement of employees in services, projects, tasks or activities that are necessary for:
- ensuring a continuous supply of electricity,
- ensuring water supply for water supply purposes,
- ensuring the operation of telecommunications,
- the safe operation of air transport and air traffic control,
- the operation of prisons,
- repairing or maintaining equipment and electromechanical installations of the National Guard and the Police, including the Fire Brigade,
- the safe operation of port traffic,
- the safe management of waste and strategic reserves of the state,
provided that they hold the relevant employee movement confirmation form from their employer.
- Transportation of persons arriving or departing from Larnaca and Paphos Airports and the Port of Limassol, provided that they carry for control purposes a copy of the ticket, which clearly states the date and time of flight and the name of the passenger.
- Transportation of goods to and from Limassol Port, Larnaca Port, Larnaca Airport and Paphos Airport, to all the Provinces, by persons who hold the relevant employee movement form from their employer and a relevant delivery note.
- Parcel transport services / courier companies and private security services, in all the Provinces, by persons who hold the relevant employee movement form from their employer.
- Transportation of athletes and teams for training and competitions held in the context of the First Division sports championships, as well as National Teams. It is understood that these persons for training must carry with them a certificate of the date and time of training and / or the match.
- Traffic and public transport between all the Provinces.
- Movement of divorced or parents in separation, who by court order can see their children and which is presented during their movement.
- In exceptional cases, in cases of urgency, where the constitutional rights of a party are in immediate danger, the movement of a lawyer or a party is permitted, after the relevant certificate has been provided by the Registrar. It is understood that this certificate may be given, inter alia, by fax or e-mail.
- Transfer of farmers and stockbreeders, provided that they submit the form of hectare or per capita subsidy from the KOAP or, in case this does not exist, a relevant certificate from the District Office of Agriculture.
- It is noted that employees, as well as all persons who fall into the above categories must hold a negative molecular test (PCR), valid for the last 7 days, starting on Wednesday, 11/18/2020, at 5 p.m.
At the same time, it is clarified that the following are defined as essential services:
- The Ministry of Labor, Welfare and Social Insurance, including all its Departments / Services,
- The Ministry of Health, including all its Directorates / Departments and Services, as well as the State Health Services Organization and the Health Insurance Organization and their Directorates and / or Services,
- The Health Services of the Authorities of the Local Self-Government and of the public and wider public sector,
- The Ministry of Interior, including all its Departments / Services and Directorates,
- The Administration and the Department of IT Services of the Ministry of Research, Innovation and Digital Policy,
- The Consumer Protection Service, as well as the Registrar of Companies and the Official Recipient of the Ministry of Energy, Trade and Industry,
- The Cyprus Intelligence Service,
- The Legal Service of the Republic,
- The Ministry of Justice and Public Order, the Police, the Fire Brigade and the Prison Department,
- The Administration of the Ministry of Transport, Communications and Works, the Department of Civil Aviation, the Department of Electromechanical Services, the Department of Postal Services and the Department of Public Works,
- The Veterinary Services, the Department of Forests and the Department of Water Development of the Ministry of Agriculture, Rural Development and Environment,
- The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports and Youth, including its Directorates / Departments and Services,
- The Citizen Service Centers,
- The Customs Department,
- The Department of Taxation,
- The Presidency of the Republic,
- The Council of Ministers and the Secretariat of the Council of Ministers,
- The House of Representatives,
- Courts and Registries (including their employees),
- The Ministry of Defense and the National Guard,
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, including its Directorates / Departments,
- The General Accounting Office,
- The Ports Authority, Ports and Services within Ports, Private and Public Hospitals, Clinics, Medical and Diagnostic Centers,
- The essential services of airports and airlines,
- Telecommunication Companies and Radio Cyprus,
- The Cyprus Electricity Authority (EAC),
- Water Supply Boards, Desalination Stations,
- The Office of the Cyprus Transmission System Operator,
- The Investigative Committee of the exceptional Naturalization of Foreign Investors and Entrepreneurs, which was appointed by decree of the Attorney General of the Republic (KDP 406/20 and 467/20) and its staff.
The original article in Greek can be accessed here. and is included here. 12112020–Απαγόρευση μετακινήσεων στις Επαρχίες Λεμεσού και Πάφου
The Movement Confirmation Form for Employees in both Greek and English included here: GREEK – veveosikykloforiasergazomenou ENGLISH – veveosiergazomenou_ENGLISH
Member companies having questions can send us their queries and we will try to obtain clarifications from the Ministry of Health.