As per Ministerial Council decision as announced here, which has been translated unofficially by the association:
During today’s session, the Council of Ministers was briefed by the Minister of Health Mr. Michalis Hadjipandelas on the current epidemiological situation in the country. Specifically, Mr. Hadjipandela informed the Council of Ministers that there is a steady improvement in epidemiological and hospital indicators, with a reduction in the number of cases, hospitalizations and deaths.
Nevertheless, as the Minister of Health explained, it is considered appropriate in the next period to have targeted relaxations in the measures that are in force. The change of weather conditions in the coming days, but also the estimates of the scientific community, which speak of a possible outbreak of seasonal infections in the winter period at the same time as COVID-19, require the careful lifting of restrictions to minimize the possibility of spread of the virus in the community.
Taking into account all the above, but also the fact that it is necessary to give additional time for the number of citizens who are vaccinated with the 3rd dose and belong to the groups with increased risk of serious disease to increase, the Council of Ministers took the following decisions:
- Presence of spectators at football matches: The presence of spectators at football matches at 75% of the capacity of the stadium is allowed, provided that one of the following conditions is met:
- Full vaccination (vaccination with both doses or vaccination with the Johnson & Johnson monosodium vaccine after two weeks), or
- Certificate of recovery from COVID-19 disease in the last six (6) months, or
- Certificate of negative result from PCR examination with a validity of 72 hours.
- Operation of theaters, amphitheaters, cinemas and theaters: The operation of theaters, amphitheaters, cinemas and theaters is governed by the following:
- Maximum number of persons 300 indoors with the necessary SafePass presentation, or
- Maximum number of persons 350 people outdoors with the necessary presentation of SafePass
- With a maximum of 75% of the capacity of the premises, provided that only persons with a certificate of complete vaccination or a certificate of recovery from COVID-19 in the last six months or with a certificate of negative PCR test valid for 72 hours enter the premises.
- Operation of premises / venues and holding of social events: In compliance with the measures of distancing and the respective health protocols and provisions of the current Decree, the following apply:
- increase of the maximum number of people indoors from 250 to 300 people, with the necessary SafePass presentation
- increase of the maximum number of persons indoors from 450 to 500 persons, provided that only persons with a full vaccination certificate or a certificate of recovery from COVID-19 enter the premises in the last 6 months.
- increase in the number of persons per table from 10 to 12.
The above changes to the maximum number of people apply to the following:
- Presence of believers in church and / or other forms of religious worship,
- Weddings, baptisms and funerals,
- Holding events, including weddings and christenings in restaurants, event and banquet venues, hotels and / or tourist accommodation, nightclubs, entertainment venues and music and dance venues
- Dining areas: restaurants, taverns, cafes, pubs, snack bars and bars, cafes, restaurants within shopping malls, restaurants within hotels and tourist accommodation, canteens and / or sports clubs, cultural clubs, clubs.
- Nightclubs, banquet halls, discotheques, and music and dance venues.
- Presence of spectators at matches held on stadiums and sports facilities (excluding soccer fields).
- Extension of the remaining measures until October 29, 2021.
The above decisions come into force on Saturday, October 9, and will be regulated by Decree.
The Ministry of Health continues to closely monitor the progress of epidemiological indicators and re-evaluates the data as formulated on a regular basis. The goal is the maximum possible shielding and protection that will allow us to adequately respond to the needs that may arise in view of the winter.