Further official clarification has been issued by the Ministry of Health on the measures to contain the COVID-19 Pandemic.
With effect from 11/12/2020 (6.00 am) until 31/12/2020 (5.00 am).
- The movement of persons is prohibited from 21.00 p.m. until 05.00 a.m. with the following exceptions:
(i) Movement to/from work, as well as for work reasons by presenting the employee movement confirmation form,
(ii) Movement to/from medical Centre, hospital, pharmacy or vet for emergency medical reasons, and
(iii) Movement of hunters to and within non-prohibited hunting areas, as defined in the Laws on Protection and Management of Wild Birds and Prey of 2003 to 2017, from 03.00 am. only on permitted hunting days (they must carry their hunting license with them for check purposes).
- Gatherings in public places (parks, squares, water reservoirs, picnic areas, beaches, pavements and marinas, etc.) are permitted, provided that the number of persons shall not exceed two, excluding underage children.
- Gatherings of persons in residences are allowed, with a maximum number of 10 persons, including underage children.
- Church services and other forms of religious worship in religious sites shall be performed without the presence of congregants.
- The holding of luncheons/dinners and any other events relating to weddings and christenings, is prohibited (other than a home event with a maximum number of 10 persons including minors).
- Religious ceremonies (weddings, christenings, funerals) are permitted with a maximum of 10 persons attending.
- As of Monday, 14/12/2020, public and private Lyceums and Higher and Tertiary Education Institutions will operate through online education. Kindergartens, Primary Schools and Gymnasiums continue to operate normally. It is understood that this concerns public and private schools/institutions.
- Visits to hospitals, clinics, medical and diagnostic centres, are prohibited.
- The operation of all catering establishments (restaurants, taverns, cafés, pubs, snack bars and bars, cafeterias and catering establishments within canteens and / or sports clubs, cultural clubs, associations, etc.) is suspended, with the exception of their delivery and take away services. (After 9.00 p.m. only home delivery is permitted).
It is noted that catering establishments within hotels and tourist accommodation facilities may operate until 9.00 p.m. serving only guests who are staying overnight in those premises (with a maximum number of persons depending on the space, 40 persons in indoor areas and 80 persons in outdoor areas).
Moreover, catering establishments within the Larnaka and Pafos Airports are allowed to operate.
10 The operation of open-air and indoor theatres, amphitheatres, cinemas and performance halls, is suspended.
- Popular markets shall function at 50% capacity and social distancing of 1.5 m. on the basis of the relevant protocol.
- Mass gatherings and other events, demonstrations, parades, concerts, open-air bazaars, Christmas fairs, festivals in public or private venues, are still prohibited.
- Public transport capacity shall be regulated by the Minister of Transport, Communications and Works per District.
- The operation of indoor shopping centres (malls) is suspended.
- Other retail trade outlets, including superstores, department stores and large stores of over 500 sq.m., are allowed to operate in compliance with the measure of 1 person per 10 sq.m.. Such stores are obliged to ensure that there is a check at the entrance so that the maximum number of customers is upheld.
- The operation of gyms, dance schools and schools of other sports, is suspended. Personal training is permitted.
- The operation of gambling and betting companies is allowed, in compliance with the guidelines of the Ministry of Health and the National Betting Authority and provided that the measure of 1 person per 10 sq.m. is upheld and that customers remain within the premises only for the time needed to fill out and submit their betting sheet or receive a payment.
- The operation of casinos is suspended.
- The operation of swimming pools is suspended, with the exception of their use by persons with disabilities for reasons of therapeutic exercise or for the training of up to four persons, including the coach.
- The operation of gyms, swimming pools and spas as well as catering areas inside hotels and tourist accommodation facilities, is permitted for serving only the guests staying overnight in such premises (catering areas within hotels and tourist accommodation facilities may operate until 9.00 pm).
- The Ports of Lemesos and Larnaka shall operate only for commercial transactions and activities. The boarding of cruise ships by passengers is prohibited.
- Trainings and athletic events for persons under the age of 18, are suspended
- The operation of indoor and outdoor sports facilities is suspended, with the following exceptions:
(i) The operation of sports facilities exclusively for the use of persons or teams of up to four (4) persons, including the coach and without the presence of spectators,
(ii) The operation of sports facilities for training and competitions, without the presence of spectators, for the championships of the teams in First, Second and Third Divisions, as well as national teams, in compliance with the health protocols, and
(iii) The operation of sports facilities for the training of high-performing athletes who are included in the registry of the Cyprus Sports Organization, with the participation of up to four persons including the coach; i.e. athletes who have secured or are eligible for qualification to compete in the Olympic Games and/or who are included in the Cyprus Sports Organization’s High Performance and Talent Scheme.
- All group lessons in tutoring institutes as well as group sports and social activities for persons under the age of 18, are prohibited.
It is understood that online teaching as well as teaching on a one-to-one basis (physical presence of up to two people including the educator) are allowed.
- The operation of Courts continues, based on relevant guidelines of the Supreme Court, in consultation with the Ministry of Health.
- Retail food trade outlets shall only serve persons aged 65 and above, as well as people with disabilities, from their opening time until 9 a.m.
- The suspension of operations of night clubs, discotheques and music halls, continues.
- The suspension of operations of children’s playgrounds, amusement parks and thematic parks, continues.
- The carrying out of conferences, trade and art exhibits and assemblies, is suspended.
- No visits are allowed to nursing homes, care for the elderly units, chronic patients’ units, homes and hostels for vulnerable groups, transitional hospitality hostels for the homeless, day centres and child protection units, with the exception of persons with disabilities whereby each tenant may receive two visits per week, with the possibility of additional visits being considered by a competent officer when an exceptional need arises.
- The operation of camping areas is suspended.
- The entry and/or exit of any person into and from the centres for the reception, hospitality and detention of asylum seekers, is prohibited, except for the entry of new-arriving asylum seekers.
It is understood that entry into and/or exit from the said centres are permitted for the staff as well as exceptionally, for humanitarian and/or medical reasons, upon a relevant permit by the Minister of the Interior.