We are summarizing key points of the speech of the President of the Republic of Cyprus with regards to COVID-19 as delivered on April 8th follows:
- Extension until April 30th of all measures and decrees that have been taken by the Council of Ministers and announced by the responsible Ministers.
- Extension of state support to employees and enterprises through the schemes announced by the Ministry of Labour Welfare and Social Insurance up to June 12th 2020.
- For a period of 4 months after June 12th , during which termination of employees will not be allowed, state support for employees and enterprises will continue depending on the restart of the economic activity of each enterprise.
- A time plan for gradual and safe repatriation of either students or employees who would like to return to Cyprus.
- The carrying out of sampling tests on a sample basis by district as per recommendation by the Science Team.
- The carrying out of 20,000 additional sampling tests to employees of the private and public sector including the National Guard.
- Sampling Tests on ALL who according to the plan of gradual repatriation will return to Cyprus.
We will provide additional information as soon as the full speech is made available.