As part of his speech here in Greek, the Minister of Health Mr. Michalis Hadjipandelas has announced the following measures:
As additional measures need to be taken to limit the spread of the virus and allow society and the economy to remain operational, the Council of Ministers decided:
- from Monday, December 6, until January 10, 2022, all passengers who will enter the Republic of Cyprus from the airports, will undergo a mandatory PCR test. The cost of 15 euros will be borne by the passenger.
- from Monday 6 December to 31 December 2021, remote working for 20% of the staff of each company or organization in the service sector, excluding essential services as defined in the decree. It is clarified that this percentage includes people who due to illness or declaration as close contact with a confirmed case are self-isolating and work from home, and people who use their annual leave to rest.
- from Monday, December 6 to February 28, 2022, the suspension of all presentations of reservists and national guardsmen.
- from Monday, December 6, to January 10, 2022, the suspension of all Christmas or other events inside and outside the malls,
- for any other events that will be held by Municipalities, communities and places of religious worship, the organization will be allowed under the responsibility of local authorities and organizers for the observance of the health protocols and the decree. In case of non-compliance with the protocols, the events will be suspended.
- the recommendation not to conduct school trips by private individuals. School trips have already been suspended by previous decisions.