As per Ministry of Health announcement here in Greek, regarding yesterday’s decisions of the Council of Ministers on additional measures to deal with the pandemic, the following are clarified:
- From Monday, December 6 to January 10, 2022, all passengers entering the Republic of Cyprus from the airports, will undergo a mandatory PCR test.
- The cost of the PCR laboratory test will be borne by the passenger himself (15 euros at Larnaca Airport and 19 euros at Paphos Airport).
- All people aged 12 and over will undergo a PCR laboratory test and after leaving the airport will have to head to their place of residence and be restricted until the result is indicated. In case of a positive result, the passenger will be informed by the competent services and will be given guidelines.
- From Monday, December 6 to December 31, 2021, a working-from-home protocol is applied for 20% of the staff of each company or organization in the private sector and in the state and wider state service sector, with the exception of * essential services, as defined in the decree. It is clarified that this percentage includes employees who are absent from work, either on leave, sick leave, or because they are close contacts of a confirmed positive incident. It is clarified that this percentage includes employees who are absent from work, either on leave, sick leave, or because they are close contacts of a confirmed positive incident.
- Working from Home is considered mandatory in companies / establishments where more than 10 people are employed.
- From Monday, December 6, until February 28, 2022, all the presentations of reservists and national guardsmen (εθνοφυλακή) are suspended.
- From Monday, December 6, until January 10, 2022, all Christmas, or other events inside and outside the malls are suspended.
- For any other events that will be held by Municipalities, communities, places of religious worship or events where the space is provided for the event by the above bodies, the Local Authorities and / or the organizers must comply with the provisions of this Order and the health protocols and guidelines issued by the Ministry of Health.
- In case of non-compliance found by the checks of the competent services, the event will be suspended immediately.
- Admission to the above events is permitted by presenting * SafePass or a comprehensive vaccination certificate (two doses or one dose in the case of Johnson & Johnson) a certificate of recovery from Covid-19 disease valid for 6 months from the date of test of their initial positive diagnosis, negative laboratory PCR or Rapid test for rapid antigen detection.
- The events that will take place in restaurants / hotels will be able to take place, provided that all the protocols that govern the specific places are observed.
- For events that have already been approved by the Ministry of Health based on previous decisions, the organizers must comply with the special protocol announced for the holding of events.
- For conducting written examinations, conferences, meetings, fairs, festivals, and sporting events, as mentioned in the decree, approval must be obtained from the Ministry of Health at the following email address: email@example.com
- Recommendation not to conduct school trips organized by individuals. School trips have already been suspended by previous decisions.
- The recommendation also includes the organized excursions of students to mountain accommodations.
Laboratory tests PCR and Rapid tests by age:
- 6–11-year-olds require a negative laboratory test for rapid antigen detection rapid test on a weekly basis (excluding children 6 years old who attend pre-primary education).
- 12–17-year-olds require a negative laboratory test lasting 72 hours (PCR or rapid antigen detection test).
- 18 and over require a negative laboratory test lasting 72 hours in case of PCR and 48 hours in case of rapid antigen detection test (rapid test).
Essential services also include Lawyers, Law firms and companies as well as Insurance services and are defined here at the end of the article.