Due to the rapid increase in the number of COVID-19 cases observed in the last 14 days in Cyprus, but also the dispersion recorded in the community and taking into account both the geographical distribution of cases and the qualitative analysis carried out until this morning, the Council of Ministers, in today’s session chaired by the President of the Republic, Mr. Nikos Anastasiadis, decided the following measures aimed at controlling and preventing the further transmission and spread of the virus in the community and at protecting Public Health:
Specifically, the following measures are implemented on a nationwide basis:
- The presence of persons in gatherings in homes and in public gathering places is allowed, excluding the catering establishments, with a maximum number of gatherings of 10 people per house / group, including minor children.
- The maximum number of persons allowed to be served in the catering establishments is set at 75 people indoors and 150 people outdoors. The measure for keeping a distance of 3 sq.m. is still valid in each case for interiors and 2 sq.m. for outdoor spaces per person, regardless of the square meters of each property.
- For example, if a restaurant has 400 sq.m. outdoors and based on the measure for keeping a distance of 2 sq.m. per person, could serve up to 200 people, the number of customers cannot exceed 150.
- If a property has 300 sq.m. indoors and based on the measure for keeping a distance of 3 sq.m. per person, could serve up to 100 people, the number of people can not exceed 75.
- The maximum number of persons per reservation / table / group in restaurants, cannot exceed 6 people.
- Church services in churches, as well as religious ceremonies, are performed according to the guidelines of the Holy Archdiocese of Cyprus.
- Games can be held in sports facilities, in the context of sports championships, without the presence of spectators, provided that the relevant protocols are observed.
- The operation of closed and open cinemas and theaters with a maximum presence of 50% of their full seating capacity is allowed.
- Cocktail parties and congratulations in weddings and baptisms are prohibited. Only physical presence at lunch or dinner is allowed, with a maximum attendance of 350 people.
- Beverage and food retail companies (supermarkets, mini-markets, etc.) and pharmacies only people serve over 60 and people with disabilities from the start of their operation until 9 a.m..
- The use of a mask by the general population, aged 12 and over, becomes mandatory in public outdoor areas.
In addition to the above, and due to the deterioration of the epidemiological picture and the increased epidemiological burden in the cities and provinces of Limassol and Paphos, and after taking into account the latest data showing that in the Limassol District the cumulative effect is 180 people per 100,000 – over the limit of 150 people used by the ECDC to place an area in the red zone, and the cumulative impact in Paphos District in the last 14 days shows an increasing trend and exceeds 80 people per 100,000, the following measures have been decided:
- The operation of catering and eating establishments is allowed (restaurants, restaurants in hotels and other tourist accommodation, taverns, cafes, pizzerias, pubs, snack bars, bars, cafes, and restaurants in canteens and / or sports clubs, cultural clubs etc.) until 10.30 pm. It is clarified that the above areas may provide home delivery services after 10.30 pm.
- The movement of citizens is prohibited from 11 pm until 5 am the next day, except for travel for emergency medical reasons (from / to pharmacy, hospital) or for work purposes, with the presentation of a relevant certificate or evidence.
- All afternoon sports and social activities of children under 18 are suspended (e.g. football, dance, swimming, martial arts, theater, choir, etc.).
- The matches of the sports championships of athletes under 18 of the teams based in the Limassol and Paphos Provinces, are suspended. For example, if a team based in the District of Limassol or Paphos competes with a team from the District of Nicosia, the match is postponed until the end of the measures.
The above measures, which will be regulated by a Decree of the Minister of Health that will be issued within the day, will enter into force from tomorrow, October 23, 2020, and will last until November 9, 2020.