In order to protect citizens and public health from COVID-19 disease, with yesterday’s decision of the Council of Ministers, the use of a protective mask by the general population, aged 12 and over, becomes mandatory in all interior areas where there is more than one person and in all outdoor areas, as well as Public Transport (taxis, buses, etc.).
The following are excluded from the above setting:
- People who are actively drinking or eating,
- People traveling in a personal vehicle alone or with other family members (including minor children),
- People during sports / exercise (e.g. gyms, dance schools, etc.),
- Grillers / cooks, only during cooking,
- People with special cognitive skills / mental / developmental disorders who do not comply with mask application,
- People with severe neurological / neuromuscular disease who are unable to handle the mask, and
- People with anatomical maxillofacial variations / deformities and / or injury.
The above regulation is valid from today, October 23, 2020, with the issuance of the relevant Decree.
It is reminded that the non-observance of the measures constitutes a violation of a Decree by the citizen himself and the fine of € 300 is borne by the citizen himself and not the company / establishment.
It is noted that the maximum wholesale and retail price of masks is set in the Decree of the Minister of Health, dated 20 August 2020 here. Any violation of this Decree should be reported immediately to phone 1429 (Consumer Line) to take the appropriate measures.
The original announcement in Greek can be found here.