As per Council of Ministers announcement today, the following has been approved:
- from 16 December 2021, the vaccination against Covid-19 for children aged 5-11 years, with the vaccinations to be carried out in Maternity Protection and Child Welfare Centers of the Ministry of Health in all provinces.
- From December 15, 2021, to January 15, 2022, vaccinated individuals who have been reported as close contacts of a confirmed positive case are required to undergo a rapid antigen detection test within 72 hours and on the 7th day a free PCR laboratory examination through Public Health clinics. Excluded are those who received the booster / 3rd dose of vaccine.
- From 15 December 2021, the mandatory isolation of individuals whose sequencing of positive samples concerns the Omicron strain or any possible future mutation, in areas to be indicated by the Ministry of Health. It is understood that the contacts of the specific cases are obliged to remain in self-isolation, regardless of vaccination coverage, following the protocol of the Ministry of Health.
- The reexamination on January 15, 2022, of the previous decision of the Council of Ministers to abolish SafePass for those individuals who do not receive the booster / 3rd dose of vaccine against Covid-19 after 6 + 1 months. It is clarified that for individuals who have passed the period of 7 months from the second dose of the vaccine for the two-dose vaccines and for the single-dose vaccine, for Safe Pass purposes they should undergo an every 72-hours PCR laboratory test and an every 48-hours rapid antigen detection test.
- From 15 December 2021, the exemption from the mandatory SafePass possession control through the CovScan Cyprus application of persons who have been proven and following a decision of the Medical Council not recommended to be vaccinated. These individuals should show the special card issued to them by the Ministry of Health and at the same time a Rapid laboratory test or PCR test on a weekly basis with a negative result.
- From 15 December 2021 until 31 January 2022, entry to social events such as weddings, christenings and dining venues within the hotel units should only be allowed to persons who have received at least one dose of the vaccine provided they have a negative laboratory test result PCR or Rapid test for rapid antigen detection. The previous decision of the Council of Ministers also applies to the following spaces: indoor and outdoor stadiums, theaters, cinemas, theaters, music and dance centers, entertainment centers and restaurants.
- The cancellation unless the health protocols are followed of the Christmas events organized by companies, organizations, and associations – indoors and outdoors.
- As of December 15, 2021, passengers arriving in the Republic of Cyprus are required to undergo a Rapid antigen detection test after 72 hours from the day of their arrival. The rapid antigen test will be provided free of charge through the sampling points of the Ministry of Health, by presenting the boarding pass and identification document (identity card, passport). Excluded are those who received the booster / 3rd dose of vaccine.
- from 15 December 2021, the reduction of the time-period to 5 months and two weeks instead of 6 months, for the administration of the booster / 3rd dose of vaccine
The full speech of the Minister and the announced measures in Greek can be accessed here.